How Do You Benefit From OSHA Training?
Everyday we encounter companies that simply don’t train for safety. We often are asked how will we benefit from OSHA Training? In all fairness, losing 12 hours of labor, times the amount of people who need the training, is an awfully big expense. The first thing that comes to my mind is always, “your crazy, if something were to go wrong with no training records, the expense will be immense”. Furthermore, federal law requires that all employees are trained on the hazards they face prior to work commencing. Back to the question, the benefits your company will receive are:
- Increased employee awareness of workplace safety hazards.
- In depth training on the hazards that cause the most injuries.
- OSHA training promotes safer work practices.
- Helps reduce accidents and injuries.
- Increased awareness of the need for personal protective equipment.
- Increased awareness to pre-operation inspections.
- Daily safety best practices.
- Knowledge learned in training will be used to prevent future accidents.
- Encourages employees to take more responsibility for safety.
- Reductions in accidents will reduce medical, insurance, and workers compensation costs.
Many construction managers, general contractors, and 2nd tier subcontractors are now requiring every labor member to receive at least a 10 hour OSHA Outreach Training card, and each management team member to receive at least a 30 hour OSHA Outreach Training card. Top general industry companies apply this logic to their labor and management teams respectively. An argument can be made that if a customer isn’t requiring OSHA Outreach training, that a program designed specifically for your organization maybe more effective. And in certain cases this argument could hold true. However, if you are just starting or developing your safety program. OSHA Outreach Training is a great first step for knowledge and awareness to the hazards out there.
Clearly, your company can’t afford to skip out on OSHA training. Luckily, OSHA training can be completed via an open enrollment classes, online, or you can schedule a class at your facility or project. Safety pays, setup training for your employees today.