Aerial Work Platform safety shouldn’t be taken lightly. These awesome machines give us the ability to complete tasks in a fraction of the time it would take to build scaffolding and erect ladders. While convenient, Aerial Work Platforms still pose a major threat if used improperly.
Accidents and injuries happen far to often while people are using Aerial Work Platforms. The leading causes of accidents injuries include: collapses, electrocution, falls, and tip-overs. Ensuring that everyone who operates, and works around Aerial Work Platform has the proper training is critical!
Safe Work Practices for Aerial Lifts Include:
- Ensure that everyone who operates a lift is properly trained.
- Test! – ensure that you test the controls and inspect the Aerial Work Platform before each use.
- Visibility – never operate an Aerial Work Platform that has labels that are missing or damaged on the controls.
- Take it Easy! – never override the safety devices that are installed on the machine.
- Don’t be a Monkey! – Always stand flat on the platform. Never climb on the rails of the basket or take a seat on the rails. Never use anything inside the basket to extend your reach.
- Never exceed the load the limits.
- Maintain a minimum clearance of at least 10 feet when working near power lines.
- Setup a Perimeter – Clearly mark and establish a danger zone around the vehicle.
- Fall Protection! – Use the equipment that the manufacturer recommends.
Staying safe while working on Aerial Work Platforms is up to you. What will you choose?
For more information on Aerial Work Platform safety, or to register for a training course. Dial 877-209-9648, or email email@example.com. We travel around the country teaching safety training courses. If you can work around our schedule, many times there isn’t much travel cost associated. Our mission is to reduce workplace accidents and injuries. Please let us know how we can help.